This registration session will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation, and submit payment. Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately.
To complete payment through our secure site, please have your Visa or MasterCard information available.
Service Hour and Jersey Deposit checks can be mailed to:
Thunderbird Youth Hockey PO BOX 207, Baraboo WI 53913
Fundraiser - New this season: Our major annual calendar raffle fundraiser will be open to the entire association. Payments will be collected AFTER the calendars are sold. Additional information to follow.
Birth year needs to be verified with the player's birth certificate. This can be completed at gear pick up, in person registration September 10th, or with the player's coach the first day of practice.
Each Player must register first with USA Hockey and then return to this Registration Session to signup for the 2022-2023 Season.
Learn to Skate (L2S)The focus and goal of the Learn to Skate (L2S) curriculums are designed to teach beginner hockey players the fundamentals of skating. Age and skill appropriate drills are used to teach the players how to skate and play hockey. It’s important for these players to become comfortable on the ice, learn the basic hockey stance, stride, knee bend, use of edges and how to hold a stick before moving into a learn to play, 6U or 8U full hockey curriculum.
L2S will practice 2x a week, tentative schedule Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings
Mite U6 and U8, At the 8-and-Under level, coaches should focus on teaching age appropriate concepts and skills so that children have an enjoyable hockey experience while also developing as players and young people.
• Fun • Engagement • Active Practices • Age-Appropriate Training (includes skills and concepts) - Skating, Stickhandling, Passing, Shooting
Mites levels will start to have competitive cross ice games and jamborees. Mites will practice 2-3x a week with games and events on the weekends.
• Fun• Engagement • Active Practices • Age-Appropriate Training - Continued individual skill development and introduction to team play and positioning
• Basic Hockey Knowledge - Offsides, icing, penalties and other full ice game concepts and rules
Squirts practice 2-3x a week. Full ice games and tournaments will be played on the weekends.
• Fun and Engagement • Active Practices • Age-Appropriate Training • Skill Development - Continue individual skill development along with introduction and refinement of team skills and player positioning.
• Body Contact/Body Checking - Checking is not allowed at this level but fundamentals of player to player contact are introduced. This includes using your body to protect the puck or impede an opponents progress toward the puck.
Peewees practice 2-3x a week. Full ice games and tournaments will be played on the weekends.
• Fun and Engagement • Practice Activity and Structure • Age-Appropriate Training • Body Contact/Body Checking - Checking is allowed. Building on their introduction to contact learn safe effective methods of checking and receiving checks.
• Skill Development - More advanced skating techniques and edgework. Refinement of different shots and stickhandling movements.
• Team Play - Further refine hockey concepts within overall team play. Powerplay, breakout, forecheck, regroup and other game systems.
Bantams practice 2-3x a week. Full ice games and tournaments will be played on the weekends.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to: email@example.com
Select an option to continue with the registration.